Communication and Language
We are constantly improving our ability to communicate whilst being at school through talking and playing with our friends and teachers. During adult-led sessions, we target communication and language through phonics, helicopter stories, circle time, listening time and story times.
Listening and attention and understanding
- I can listen attentively and respond to what I hear with relevant questions, comments and actions when being read to and during whole class discussions and in small group interactions
- I can make comments about what I have heard and ask questions to clarify my understanding
- I can hold conversations when engaged in back and forth exchanges with my teachers and friends.
- I can participate in small group, class or one to one discussions, offering my own ideas using recently introduced vocabulary.
- I can offer explanations for why things might happen, making use of recently introduced vocabulary from stories, non-fiction books, poems and rhymes when appropriate.
- I can express my ideas and feelings about experiences using full sentences, including the use of past, present and future tenses and making use of conjunctions with modelling and support.