Expressive Arts and Design
We develop our Expressive Arts and Design throughout topic's as well as our Fantastic Friday's. Expressive Arts and Design provides us with knowledge and skills that will later support us in Art, Design and Technology and Drama
Expressive Arts and Design is split into two areas; creating with materials and being imaginative and expressive. Your child will be assessed against the following criteria at the end of the year.
Creating with Materials
- I will safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function
- I will share my creations, explaining the process I have used
- I can make use of props and materials when role playing characters in narratives and stories.
Being Imaginative and Expressive
- I can invent, adapt and recount narratives and stories with peers and my teachers
- I can sing a range of well-known nursery rhymes and songs
- I can perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.