Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We are constantly developing our friendships and ability to manage our emotions through learning through play. The adult led sessions that support this learning are circle times and topic lessons.
Personal, social and emotional is split into three areas: self-regulation, managing self and building relationships. Your child will be assessed against the following criteria at the end of the year.
- I can show an understanding of their own feelings and others feelings, and I am beginning to regulate my behaviour accordingly.
- I can set and work towards simple goals, being able to wait for what I want and control my immediate impulses when appropriate.
- I can give focussed attention to what my teacher says, responding appropriately even when engaged in an activity, and show ability to follow instructions involving several ideas or actions.
- I can be confident to try new activities and show independence, resilience and perseverance in the face of challenges
- I can explain the reasons for rules and I know right from wrong and try to behave accordingly.
- I can manage my own basic hygiene and personal needs, including dressing, going to the toilet and understanding the importance of healthy food choices.
- I can work and play cooperatively and take turns with others
- I can form positive attachments to adults and friendships with peers
- I can show sensitivity to my own and others needs.