We are constantly improving our fine and gross motor skills whilst learning through play. The adult led sessions that target this area of development are PE which we access twice a week and handwriting which we do every day.
Gross motor skills
- I can negotiate space and obstacles safely, with consideration for themselves and others
- I can demonstrate strength, balance and coordination when playing
- I can move energetically such as running, jumping, dancing, hopping, skipping and climbing.
Fine motor skills
- I can hold a pencil effectively in preparation for fluent writing
- I can use a range of small tools including scissors, paint brushes and cutlery
- I can begin to show accuracy and care when drawing